19.7.12

chapter eight of book ten

Whoever expected my life to have this many chapters? With this many books?  

They told me that I would be constantly learning, but they didn't tell me that my novels would have a series that outlasted The Sopranos. May not be as interesting as a tv show, but sure keeps me on my toes. 
But this year will be a whole other chapter. Perhaps even another book in itself. 

This year I will become a mother of two. 
And all I can think about is if I am ready for this. 

It was only yesterday that my little boy was born and to this day, every minute, I wonder how my actions will shape the person he will be when he grows up. I wonder how my personality echoes in his own and how much of his fathers mirrors his. Will his identity be an imitation of what we teach him? What about his charm, his temperament or his individuality? We teach him this. Everything we know we pass onto him. Life in progress they say. As we grow, they grow. As we learn, they learn. All I want in the end is for him to know that we taught him well. And now there will be one more to teach. 

That's pretty scary. 

The not so scary part? Knowing I'll have another little person to love. Knowing that I'll have that newborn smell tracing my clothes again. Knowing that there's plenty of room for this extra tiny person in this already full heart of mine. Knowing that there'll be two little bodies in between my husband and I in bed. Knowing that my little boy will teach all the things that he learned from us. 

Maybe not so scary after all. 
This new book?  I think it'll be one that I won't want to put down.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails