4.7.12

Things i want to remember

He tells me everything is okay when he is told he can't have something. He likes to know that it's okay to not have something even if he really wants it. He knows humility. And he knows patience. 

He pulls my face with such force just to give me a butterfly and eskimo kisses.
He knows how to give love. He knows that his affection matters.

He seeks validation after discovering he has read a word perfectly. 

I want to remember our lunch dates. And our dinner dates too. 

I want to remember how his little feet stand perfectly next to mine. I can't believe they are over half of mine. 

His imagination is unimaginable, how he creates a world only he can understand.

I want to remember how his lower lip quivers when he gets upset, how his wet, long eyelashes enhance his big eyes. How he hides when he is embarrassed, how he doesn't like to show his emotions in front of other people but also how he is so transparent.

He loves to play his little blue guitar, he sings 'Yellow' word for word, and his eclectic taste in music has me listening to classical music on full blast on some mornings.

He has memorised the words to 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' and asks me to play it 20 times in one car ride and he bounces along to the beat as he sings along.

I want to remember his little fingers, his button nose, his little toes that are growing so quickly. 

He is so independent at just three years old, he likes to do things because he "can know how to do it".

I want to remember how I love him so much my heart overflows.

{inspired by Susannah Conway's Things I want to remember post}


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails