31.8.10

.We live in deeds, not years. in thoughts, not breaths.

 
We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths; 
In feelings, not in figures on a dial. 
We should count time by heart-throbs. He most lives 
Who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best. 
And he whose heart beats quickest lives the longest: 
Lives in one hour more than in years do some 
Whose fat blood sleeps as it slips along their veins. 
Life's but a means unto an end; that end, 
Beginning, mean, and end to all things—God. 
The dead have all the glory of the world.
 
       -Phillip James Bailey

day twenty seven to thirty.

I tell you. What a way to end August.

Seeing that I wasn't fully committed to the August Break and am openly admitting to it, I spent a generous amount of time the last weekend behind my lens. Perhaps a little frustrated with the lack of equipment, but nevertheless, a full few days with my little friend.

I found myself two hours out of the city with wonderful people on Saturday night at The Farm, and with landscapes that took my breath away. Who knew that an oasis like this existed only two hours out of the city!? After a surreal sleepover,  the last few days of August were then spent with family, good food, good music and wonderful weather. Who could have asked for more. And as this month ends, I am ready to begin September with a breath of fresh air, loads of thoughts to document and plenty of ideas for my blank canvases. I am so ready.


 
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails