10.2.11

because i love doors and windows


“Our senses are indeed our doors and windows on this world, in a very real sense the key to the unlocking of meaning and the wellspring of creativity.”
--Jean Houston


What is it about doors and windows that cause my lens to gravitate in their direction?
Is it that I am curious of what stories lie behind each shutter?
Or that maybe I often create fairytales in my head about situations that may exist once each door is shut?

But sometimes i just like the door. An object of entrances and exits, exteriors and interiors. Suggestively symbolic or generically typical. Ancient or modern.

And sometimes I just think the window is pretty. An object of openness and privacy. Blatantly uncovered or mysteriously restricted. Aged with time or contemporary glimmered glass.

Sometimes it's just because they captivate me.

Just like that.

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails