23.1.12

when the fire lanterns became stars in the black sky


This weekend:
... I was a bridesmaid.
... And at the same time ran front of house for Pi Catering.
... I watched the red sun set behinds my friends as they sealed their marriage with their kiss.
... I lit a fire lantern with Cameron and sent our wishes up into the blackness of the sky.
... I savored the ocean air and sat around a bonfire with some of my favourite people.
... I watched my little boy wonder at the sand on his feet
... And became proud as he found more courage to sink his little head under the water.
... I remembered some of the reasons I moved back to Manila.
... But am now even more convinced I belong by the ocean and not in the city.
...This weekend.... It was hard to let go.



Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails