7.12.10

catching up for #reverb 10

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)
to let go. hmmm.

do I even know and understand the meaning of these two words?
have I even fully realised that I have things that I need to let go of?

perhaps this year has been the time that I  began to realise that letting go is a process.

letting go is a journey.
and letting go is necessary.

so I'll get there eventually
but there is way too much shit i hang onto. way too much. 
maybe next year I will have the answer to this question.

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

under the wings of the sparrow she flies 3/ 6
mixed media on paper
Rachel Le Roux
Dec 2010

I've started painting again.

I realised that in the middle of chaos, all I needed to do what sit down and do it. In the middle of all sorts of hectic, all I needed to do was escape.

And I did. And now, all I can think of doing is filling up canvases.

Now I realise that my methods of research and methods of finding inspiration is my subtle way of making excuses for not being inspired and it's my subtle way of procrastinating. Yes, subtle to me, but perhaps an obvious fact to others.

my goal for 2011? an exhibit.

No excuses, no procrastination. Just a goal to reach to put together an event to display work that I am proud of. And now, all I want to do is clear time for this.




Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails