4.12.10

one word


December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

2010. Change.

It has been about change all along. The struggle to adapt, the struggle to settle in, and the constant refusal to understand it and accept it.  

I've never been good at accepting it and when it comes through my way, I fight it. 2010 has been the year where I have learned to accept it gracefully and understand that it is there to help me grow, to make me wiser with my decisions and to help me become that better person. 

2011. Strive.

In this year that I see coming, I see that I will achieve these dreams that I have, these dreams that I have been hanging onto, the ones I let slip when life hit me with good and bad challenges.

I see that will aim high and not doubt that I can be that person I have always dreamed of being. I know that my procrastination will stop, that I will fulfill each dream and make them a reality. I know that if I try hard enough, I can start believing that I will no fail like I think I will.

I see that ahead of me, I will slowly begin to understand that my art has a purpose, that I will and do what I want to do without worrying about what other people think. And I'd like to see that when I look back at the end of 2011, I would know that I tried everything that I could to be that designer, that artist, and that I finally took those first steps into forming my stamp in this creative world.





Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails