28.12.10

that ordinary moment

December 27 – Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? 

I remember it being a bad day.

I remember being angry, frustrated, upset, alone. My road rage was at its height, I screamed at people through the glass of my car window, muttered curse words under my breath annoyed at every movement the other motorists made. Everyone seemed to be in my way and all I wanted to do was get home and sulk.

Then it came. The moment I had been waiting for since I moved back home, on a highway that sits in the landing path of the international airport. Right underneath the gigantic body of a Boeing 707, my car sat underneath the huge roar of its engine as it neared its destination.

Oh, how I laughed. I laughed on my own and I giggled like a little school girl as if i had reached a goal that was unachievable, as if it were a dream of mine that I longed to have for years and years. But it was MY ordinary moment, my simple ordinary moment that made me smile the rest of the way home.

I don't even remember what I was angry about.

Photo by Lauren Treece
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails